REFUND POLICY FOR POLICY ONLINE PAYMENT - MOTOR
I - POLICY CANCELLATION
A) When can I cancel my policy?
You can apply for a refund of the motor policy under the following situations.
- If you sold your insured vehicle during the first 8 months of the policy period
- If you wish to export your insured vehicle during the first 8 months of the policy
- If you wish to take another insurance for your vehicle .
- At the request of DNIR in the event of special circumstances
B) What documents do I need to provide to cancel my policy?
The table below explains the documents required for each reason of cancellation:
|Reason for cancellation
|If you sold your insured vehicle before expiry of the policy
- New vehicle ownership document from traffic department
- Document to prove vehicle registration cancellation.
|If you wish to export your insured vehicle before expiry of the policy
||Export document from traffic department
|If you wish to take another insurance for your vehicle
||Copy of New Mulkia showing the details of the new policy
C) How can I request for policy cancellation
- You may apply for a policy cancellation and premium refund by any of below methods:
- Contact DNIR by Phone or Email
- Visit our website to lodge a cancellation request
- Visit our offices in Dubai or Abu Dhabi
- Fill in a cancellation request
- Provide details and copies of all relevant documents, policy certificate and your
- Mention the reason for refund and related documents to support.
DNIR contact details
Floor # 7 & 9,
Dubai National Insurance Building
Opposite to Deira City Centre
Deira, Dubai, U.A.E.
Phone: +971 4 295 6700
Fax: +971 4 295 6711
Abu Dhabi Office
Office No. Mezzanine 3,
ABC Tower. Tower C, Al Electra Street
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Phone: +971 2 643 4448
Fax: +971 2 643 4449
D) How long it takes to process the policy cancellation
Processing time is 10 working days from the date of submission of valid cancellation
request with supporting documents.
E) Other Conditions
- Cancellation and or refund are subject to evaluation of documents and the policy
terms and conditions.
- Refund requests are processed for policies having no reported claims (own damage
/ T.P claims)
- Premium refund is calculated based on a refund tariff structure and is subject to
deduction of applicable fees and charges, and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Refund for online purchases will NOT be made to your credit card; it will be paid
by cheque and to be collected from our offices.
- There will be no refund on the policy in case of cancellation after the 8th month.
The currency of transaction is UAE Dirhams.
II - AMENDMENTS TO THE POLICY
In case changes to the policy coverage are required after having made the payment
online, and if those changes result in reduction of premium, below steps should
- Request to policy changes should be made in writing or by email to our underwriting
or call center department.
- Your request is subject to evaluation by the underwriting department
- You may be requested to provide supporting documents to process your request
- If the request is approved, confirmation will be communicated to you
- Refund of premium, if any, as a result of the changes to the policy is calculated
in accordance with tariff structure, policy terms and conditions and company’s procedure
- Refund of premium will NOT be made to your credit card; it will be paid by cheque
and to be collected from our offices
For any other line of business, please contract Dubai National Insurance & Reinsurance P.S.C on 04 2956700